1. When was the last time you worked on your resume? What kind of things do you include on it? Experiences, character etc.
2. Being declared righteous is not just having your slate wiped clean but it’s also like being given the medal of military valour. What are your thoughts about that? How does that make you feel? How does that change the way you approach God? Is that a new realization for you?
3. Have you ever found yourself in seemingly insurmountable debt? Have you ever been “redeemed” from a debt by another person? Have you ever paid off a massive debt? If you answered yes to any of those scenarios, how did you feel once the debt was gone?
4. In Christ, your debt has been paid, through shed blood the wrath of God turned away from you and on to Jesus. When you accept that sacrifice God now looks at you and sees you as he sees his very own Son. What does that do to your heart? What does that do to your boasting?
5. This week we learned that forgiveness is a form of suffering. Have you ever suffered in order to offer forgiveness? How does this provide you with a deeper appreciation for Christ’s work on the cross and God’s sending of His only Son?
Our Podcast can be found on: