1. Icebreaker - What year did you get a VCR? Or were you a BETAMAX person?
2. How would you characterize God’s presence in your life? Is it something existential or is it extremely personal and tangible?
3. Why do you think this is something we desire so deeply?
4. Dr. Daniel Hyde presents a “mind-blowing idea about the God of the bible; he says this:
‘Here is such a mind-blowing idea about the God of the Bible that we have to pause for a moment. The eternal God who is not constrained by the existence of time, the infinite God who is not bound by the constraints of space, the transcendent God who dwells above and beyond all time and space, and the immense God who fills all time and space condescended to the weakness of His people and became manifest for their benefit in one locale. This God is not bound by time, but He bound Himself to the time-bound experience of His people. This God is not bound by space, but He bound Himself to this box. He is above all creational constraints, but He bound Himself to them. He is everywhere, but He was there.”
5. How was the ark being used as a “charm” in these chapters? Were both sides guilty of this?
6. What are some of the things that struck you the most from this long story that goes from chapter 4 to chapter 7?
7. Israel was in need of a mediator. Finally Samuel re-enters the scene in chapter 7 and calls the people to repentance after 20 years of silence. What do you think Israel was thinking during these 20 years?
8. What suddenly changed after 20 years?
9. We are now able to enjoy God’s presence in our lives through the perfect mediator, Jesus Christ. Read Hebrews 10:11-14 and spend some time giving thanks to God for this gift.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Our Podcast can be found on:
M-Th: 9am - 3pm