1. How did David sin? What were the circumstances? When do you feel most vulnerable to succumbing to sin? What does it take for the seed of sin to grow?
2. How did David attempt to cover up? Was his sin concealed? Does sin ever affect just the person committing the sin? Who suffered for David’s choices?
3. What was Nathan’s goal in approaching David? What was the tone and nature of Nathan’s approach? What were David’s reactions? How do you think Saul would have responded in this circumstance?
4. How and why did God extend grace to David? Was it because David earned it? Why do you think God still punished David?
5. Do we have Nathans in our life? Why do you think we may react angrily to exhortation or rebuke?
6. John Owen wrote that we must be mortifying sin or sin will be mortifying us. He based this on his exegesis of Romans 8:13. What does this mean? How did the sermon point out we could do this?
Our Podcast can be found on: