1. Can you describe a time when a friend came through for you? What were you struck by or what stood out about it.
2. Can you recall a time when you came through for a friend? What were the circumstances?
3. Have you ever felt that you let a friend down? How did you cope or deal with that?
4. What were the 3 characteristics of friendship that were discussed in the sermon and why are they crucial to friendship?
5. Truth, duty, honour, loyalty, integrity, dignity and sacrifice are sometimes seen as old fashioned. Are these qualities important in friendships? How do they tie into the 3 characteristics of friendship described in the sermon? How can these qualities be used negatively or in a manipulative fashion?
6. What is our source of strength for true friendship?
7. What was the cost of Jonathan’s friendship to David? What did he sacrifice?
8. How does Jesus prove to be our friend?
9. How will you view your friendships now? What will you do?
Our Podcast can be found on: