1. Have you ever been homeless? Evacuated from your home? In isolation away from your home? How did you feel or how did it affect you?
2. How have “dwell” or “dwelling,” “tent” or “tabernacle “ been used in the Bible? Can you link those observations to the various Biblical covenants?
3. Why do think David and Nathan thought it was a good idea to build a temple for God? How did this idea compare to the religious practices of the nations around Israel at the time?
4. How did God respond? What did this response reveal about incarnation and grace?
5. 2 Samuel 7:4-17 is often referred to as the Davidic Covenant. What does this covenant have to say about God’s initiative and His kingdom? What does it say about time, sin, peace and rest? How does this passage anticipate Jesus?
6. How did David respond? How do you respond to God’s grace and provision in your life? How does this passage encourage you to persevere in trial and affliction?
7. What does the Kingdom of God entail for our worship, obedience and service? How can reflecting on our time and money, our dreams or emotions show we may be worshiping or serving something other than God?
Our Podcast can be found on: