1. We were made for praise and worship. What was Paul emphasizing in his praise in Ephesians 1:1-14?
2. What does “blessed” mean here as Paul uses it, and generally as used throughout scripture?
3. Being found “in Christ” has entailments. What does it mean to be “legally” united to Christ? What does it mean to be “vitally” united to Christ?
4. Pastor Jeremy gave us a word picture of Redemption in his sermon. Can you define redemption in your own words? When the listeners back in Paul’s day heard “redemption,” what would have been in their minds? What does redemption mean for us?
5. Since we are “adopted as sons” into God’s family, what does that mean for us? (Think in terms of access, inheritance and security.)
6. In your own words, what is predestination or election? Give examples of election from the Old Testament. Why is the fact that God predestines or elects comforting? Does this preclude us from spreading the Gospel? (See Acts 18:5-11.)
7. Being found in Christ and richly blessed by God should inevitably result in……..? (Reflect on Paul’s life.)
Our Podcast can be found on: