1. In verse 5 of our passage, Paul mentions that one of the results of us receiving the gospel is “obedience that comes from faith.” Where can you see this in your own life?
2. Pastor Jeremy quoted Martin Luther in reference to verse 5 who said this, “We are saved by faith alone but the faith that saves is never alone.”
3. We didn’t really get around to talking about verses 11 and 12 in the sermon but Pastor Jeremy did mention them in his benediction. Read those verses together. What difference would it make if when we gathered together we were consciously seeking to encourage others? Do you allow the faith and words of others to encourage you?
4. In what situations do you find yourself being ashamed of the gospel? How could verses 16 and 17 turn that to eagerness next time?
5. How can your life become a conduit for the gospel this week?
Our Podcast can be found on: