1. How does the Ark of the Covenant point to God’s character? What attributes of His character stand out for you? How does the Ark point to Jesus?
2. What were the specific directions God gave as to how the Ark was to be treated and transported? (See Exodus 25:10-22; Deuteronomy 10:8-10; Hebrews 9:1-10.) Do you think these instructions show God’s holiness and mercy? How? Why do you think Israel transported the Ark the way they did at first?
3. Do you think God was too harsh in striking Uzzah down? How did David react? Why do you think David and his entourage were not struck down? Are there times when you think God is being too harsh with you or others around you?
4. What was the fruit of reverence toward God in the house of Obed-edom? How did this change David? How did David’s worship change? What did David see about God in bringing the Ark to Jerusalem?
5. Read John 4:21-24; Romans 12:1-3; and 1 Peter 2:4-5. With these readings and what we learned from 2 Samuel 6, how would you describe true worship? What does it mean to be a living sacrifice?
6. What was Michal’s reaction to David’s worship coming into Jerusalem with the procession accompanying the Ark? Do you think she valued the Ark and it’s arrival at Jerusalem?
7. How has God’s word this week illuminated your own attitude and approach towards worshipping Him? Why should true worship, joy, adoration and obedience be appropriate responses to the Gospel?
Our Podcast can be found on: