1. Do you remember a time when you heard from someone that you hadn’t heard from in a very long time? What was that like?
2. What about God’s word? Has there been a time in your life when you were distancing yourself from God and suddenly you were overcome with His presence and word in your life?
3. Why do you think God allows the biblical narrative to get so bleak before he intervenes and saves and rescues his people? Pastor Jeremy mentioned 10 times this has already happened in the bible and now we are coming to it again with Eli’s family.
4. Amos 8:10-11 speaks about the absence of God's word being like a famine. Read this passage and discuss how this might be currently happening in our culture.
5. In verses 11-18 God speaks - but it is not an easy word to hear. It was a word of judgment that had to be given by a young boy to his father figure. Have you ever found that God’s word is difficult to process or submit to? If so, what did you do about it?
6. Eli submitted to the word of God that was given to him in verses 17-18. What is it that leads to this kind of repentance?
7. Hebrews 1:1-2 is a continuation of this theme of God’s word going out. Read this passage and discuss how God speaks to us now.
Our Podcast can be found on: