1. Has anything unexpected ever happened to you whereby you saw the reason or blessing only afterwards? What were your initial first responses to the circumstances?
2. In Luke 1:26-38, what “unexpected” things or challenges particularly stand out to you, or resonate with you? If everyone back then had had a better understanding of the Old Testament, should the circumstances of Jesus’ birth and the nature of his ministry really have been surprising?
3. How can our human wisdom and expectations hinder or blind us from seeing God at work or moving?
4. What do we require to submit to God’s purposes and plans? Why do we find this so difficult at times?
5. When the unexpected nature of Christ’s ministry to Israel came to an unexpected end, how were the apostles and disciples assured of who Jesus was and God’s purposes and plans? How do we have the same assurance?
Our Podcast can be found on: