1. What is something or someone that you have attached yourself to so strongly that you refer to it or them as “my” or “we”? For example, when speaking about the Winnipeg Jets, many fans refer to the team in ways like, “We had a great game last night.” or “I can’t believe we traded them.”
2. In regards to Paul calling it "my gospel" - why does he refer to it that way?
3. Paul called it “my gospel” in part to differentiate it from other false gospels being preached. What false gospels are out there today that you are aware of?
4. These verses are Paul's brief summary of the gospel - how would you summarize the gospel?
5. Verse 25 - "strengthened you" - what does this mean? In what ways has the gospel transformed you? How are you different because of the gospel?
6. Verse 26 says the gospel has been made known to all nations in order to bring about obedience to the faith. How is God calling you to be obedient? In what areas?
7. How has Roman’s moved you more deeply to give all the glory to God?
Romans 15:1-13 Abounding in Hope
Romans 14:13-23 In This Way
Romans 14:1-12 Unity and Diversity
Romans 13:8-14 Wake Up!
Romans 13:1-7 Living As Citizens
Romans 13:1-7 Living as CitizensAs we have talked about in our sermons, Romans 12 marks a shift in the book of Romans. Chapters 1-11 laid the foundation and theology of the Gospel. Beginning in chapter 12, Paul starts to teach us how we are now to live in light of that knowledge. The following questions take a look at Paul’s teaching from chapter 12 - 13:7.
Romans 12:3-8 Right Thinking
Our Podcast can be found on:
M-Th: 9am - 3pm