1. Do you have a green thumb? Have you ever been involved with pruning? Or grafting? Does this actually work as Pastor Matt claimed???
2. How does Isaiah 5:1-7 add to our understanding of John 15?
3. Break down the passage and talk about what each element refers to? The true vine. The vine dresser. The branches.
4. What about the fruit? How does the fruit get produced in your life?
5. What do you think is the difference between fruit that we produce like ornaments on a tree and fruit that is produced from within? How can we tell the difference?
6. How has the Word produced fruit in your life recently?
7. How has prayer produced fruit in your life recently?
8. How has loving obedience to God produced fruit in your life?
Para - means to stand alongside with. They are not just with you but they are for you. They are with you in battle, they are with you in judgment - you are always with them no matter what in a way that is extremely personal. They are not just beside you but they are a part of it on your behalf.
Kletos - means to declare, to make a case, to argue. They are always with you and for you and they are doing something, they're not just standing there.
Comforter - “With Strength”. Thus, a comforter was someone who came to strengthen you. It wasn't the one who came to only wipe your tears after the battle; it was the one who came to give you strength for the battle.
6. The Holy Spirit also brings peace - not any old peace but true “shalom”. How would you describe the difference between the two? Has there been a time when “shalom” peace provided you with comfort?
7. We experience the fullness of the Holy Spirit by believing and obeying. What are you currently walking through that you need to rely on the strength of the Holy Spirit to accomplish? And how will this passage be a gift to you in the midst of it?
Our Podcast can be found on: