1. You have just been proclaimed King of Canada for 1 year. What is one big thing you would want to accomplish? How would you accomplish it? How would you handle resistance to it?
2. How do verses 1 to 4 describe the state of David and his kingdom? Why do you think he and the kingdom came into such a state? How did Adonijah respond?
3. Compare the character of Adonijah to what you know of the character of David and his life. In what ways are father and son similar? In what ways are they different?
4. How did Nathan stir David to action? How did David respond?
5. What stirs you to action? What can you do to become more intentional and purposeful in your Christian walk?
6. How would you describe Adonijah’s submission to David and Solomon? What was it motivated by? (See verses 49-53)
7. Are you being submissive to God in all areas of your life? Why not? What kind of king do you think Jesus is then?
Our Podcast can be found on: