Discussion Questions Matt 6:25-34
1. What we fear or worry about can reveal the idols in our lives. What idols was Jesus addressing in Matt 6? Are the idols in our world the same, different or unique in any way?
2. Worry, stress and anxiety often arise from fear of loss or failure to attain in this world. What idols are revealed to you by your anxieties and worry?
3. Are there what may be termed appropriate or “healthy” fears or concerns in this life? What do you think they are? Do you have any scripture to support your answers?
4. In 2 Corinthians 11:23-29, Paul relays some aspects of his Christian life and the daily pressure and anxiety he feels. How is his anxiety different from ours or the audience listening to Jesus in Matt 6?
5. Do you think we will ever be free of stress, worry and anxiety in our earthy life? What practical means and attitudes does Jesus in Matthew 6, and Paul in Philippians 4, offer us in order to cope and not be dominated by stress, worry and anxiety?
6. If you had a friend who was struggling with the feeling that God was indifferent to their needs, and didn’t care for them or love them, what verses outside of Matthew 6 could you offer them by way encouragement and counter those feelings?
7. Did you ever have something that you were anxious or worried about that was resolved or taken care of in an unexpected way?
Our Podcast can be found on: