1. What does the term “anointed” mean and imply when used in the Bible? What does “fool” mean and imply in the Bible?
2. In your own words, define forgiveness. Is forgiveness costly? How? Who bears the pain of forgiving? What is the cost for us of not forgiving?
3. David was anointed by God to be King over Israel. Why do you think God took awhile to execute judgement and remove Saul? What effect do you think this had on David?
4. How did David show mercy and forgiveness towards Saul? How did he show wisdom and caution at the same time? What was the result? What do you think would have happened to David if he did not show restraint?
5. If God is perfect, his timing, mercy and judgements are perfect. How would you describe the world’s timing, mercy and judgement? How would you describe your own?
6. In your own words, what is the Gospel? What does the Gospel have to say about humility and forgiveness? Why do you know for certain you are accepted and forgiven by God?
7. Do you struggle with forgiveness? Have you ever thought you are more deserving of forgiveness than someone else? (See Matt 18:23-35 and 22:37-40) What are some causes of an unforgiving heart? What kind of heart and attitude does the world affirm? In Psalm 51:14-17, what kind of heart and attitude does God affirm?
8. Read Matt 6:9-14; Luke 17:7-10; Romans 12:3; and Gal:1-5. What do these passages say about haughtiness and forgiveness?
9. If humility and being able to forgive come from God, how would daily time in God’s word, prayer and introspection help you?
Our Podcast can be found on: