1. When you pray, what do you ask for? Is it mainly for material, situational or spiritual things?
2. What was Solomon’s incentive to pray? Looking at the structure of his prayer, what was the foundation and heart of his prayer? What was his attitude?
3. What is wisdom? What kind of wisdom did Solomon ask for? How do you see wisdom defined elsewhere in the Bible?
4. Why do you think God also gave Solomon great riches and honour? When God gives us more than we ask for spiritually and materially, how can it be both a test and a trust?
5. What did God encourage Solomon to do after granting him these wonderful gifts? What can happen to us if we use God’s gifts, but do not receive a heart that desires to love Him truly and obey Him wholly?
6. If God is gracious, generous and pleased when we come to Him in prayer, why can there be so little prayer in our lives? What is your incentive to pray?
7. What can you do in the next few months to be in prayer more frequently?
Our Podcast can be found on: