1. If our attitude and behaviour are characterized by the “blessed“ statements in Matthew 5:3-9, why can we expect to be persecuted? Is this normal or abnormal?
2. Why should you feel blessed if persecuted? What should you be asking yourself if you have never been mocked or persecuted?
3. Jesus often uses word pictures and elements of daily ancient life to illustrate his teachings. Why did he choose salt to characterize our daily interaction?
4. Read John 3:16-20. What does light often represent in the Bible? Jesus spoke of two sources of light: the city on the hill and a small household lamp. What do you think each one represents?
5. How can Christians respond negatively to persecution and criticism? How would it affect being salt and light?
6. What can you pray and do before interacting with anyone?
Our Podcast can be found on: